Sunday 4 May 2014

Elder Scrolls Online

A month has passed since I began playing Elder Scrolls Online. Fortunately I got to beta test the game before it was officially released so had some idea regarding what was ahead, and as I saw things improve through testing I was all up for the finished product. So how has it been after a month?

Mainly trouble free to be honest apart from gold spammers (people trying to sell you gold... not real gold but game gold) constantly advertising or mailing you. As massively multi-player games go, Elder Scrolls or ESO for short looks pretty amazing and plays very well. Having dabbled with Guild Wars in the past and also playing Lord of the Rings online for several years I have to say ESO is superior in almost every way. That said things still need tweaking and more content need to be introduced to the game which I'm sure will come with time.

I do feel sad about leaving Lord of the Rings online as the community there is fantastic and I made some good friends playing the game but having logged in last week it seems bereft of players and very dated graphically. All things end I guess, I'm still keeping my account active for a while but I doubt I will play it much again. Having played all the Elder Scrolls games, right back to Daggerfall anyway I'm forging ahead with its latest multi-player offering and quite enjoying the ride so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment